Thursday, October 15, 2015

Vendor Spotlight - About Invitations & Events

Our Miami wedding dress store is all about giving each and every bride the specialized, personal attention that she deserves when she shops with Brides of America.  This type of service is also extremely important to our very good friend and incredibly talented invitation designer, Annlyn Kroll of About Invitations & Events.  Her company creates the most beautiful, custom-designed invitations in the USA.      


  

Our owner, David Abadi, has known and worked with Annlyn for 25 years. "Annlyn is so very talented," says David.  "Her designs and calligraphy are absolutely amazing. She has helped me out a lot over the years in many ways.  She has always given me tremendous support in everything that I do." 

David asked Annlyn some questions recently so that he could share her story and work with all of you.  
  

How did you get into the invitation business?
Annlyn Kroll, About Invitations & Events

I used to have a card and gift store with books full of invitations to order from other companies. Brides eventually started ordering more more and more invitations online because they were being offered at a much cheaper price.  The invite companies that I worked with, in turn, got more expensive for me to carry.  

Many brides also began making their own invitations.  I started paying attention to what they were liking and realized, Hey, I can make those.  I already had an art background, but decided to take a few classes in the evenings. It turns out I have quite a knack for it, and now I have been making my own invites for about 15 years.    


What other services do you offer?  

Most of the invitations that I create are for weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs. Sometimes I have requests for sweet 16 parties, birthdays, and quinceaneras. Customers can order from the invitation companies that we deal with, or I can make custom invitations.  I also offer calligraphy for invitations, envelopes, place cards, and more.   



What goes into your custom invitations?

I have access to gorgeous textured papers from places like India and Australia. Customers can look at swatches of these to see exactly what the invite will be made from.  Putting these together myself, I can offer a much better price than the ones sold out of the invitation books.  Also, I can offer that personal touch and customer service that you don't get ordering online.  

I can't tell you how many times that brides have come to me with invitations that they got from an online store at a discount price that they are not happy with.  Some show up a different size than expected or look completely different, and many are simply poorly made.  Trying to save money buying those discounted invitations ends up costing them extra because they have to fix or replace them.      



Have you noticed any recent trends in the invites couples are choosing?
Brides seem to be sticking with neutral colors like ivory, white, and champagne.  Shimmer paper is popular.  Couples seem to go one of two ways. Either a simple, modern style with fun fonts, or textured & embossed paper adorned with glitter, jewels, or rhinestones.  

Anything to add? 
Brides do not have to come to Boca Raton for my invitations.  I work with people all over the country.  I am very customer-service friendly and like to work with people one-on-one, like they are sitting in my living room.



Don't settle for just any invitation for your wedding.  It is the first thing that your guests will see to set the mood for the entire event, and invites can tie in nicely to the rest of the wedding.  Our Miami wedding gown store has noticed the same neutral color trend mentioned above in our bridesmaid dress sales.  It all goes together.     

Annlyn puts an incredible amount of love and care into everything that she does, much like the team here at Brides of America.  Please visit About Invitations & Events to see all of the exquisite possibilities that she has available for you.   



Blog author:  Deanna Powell - WhereBridesGo.com

Brides of America is an authorized retailer of all Mori Lee Bridal Lines.




Visit our website:
Like us on Facebook:  
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Google+ 


No comments:

Post a Comment